Looking for a delicious and inexpensive way to make your own popcorn?
The perfect homemade popcorn can be made easily in your very own home with this awesome popcorn maker.
This popcorn maker is found in every one of my husband’s relative’s homes, which is a testament to the love of homemade popcorn which runs in my husband’s family, as well as the knowledge that this machine makes the most awesome popcorn!
Whenever someone in my husband’s family gets married, they inevitably receive the Stir Crazy popcorn machine in their shower gifts.
Picture this: I’m at the pool about to swim with my three big kids when my phone rings.
It’s my babysitter.
What got me was the panic in her voice.
My daughter had grabbed for her bottle when she spotted it warming in boiling hot water.
I was at my friend’s house when she served carrot muffins that my kids actually gobbled up!
They were so good!
I got the recipe from her and tried it out.
I was surprised at how easy they were to make!
It was about the third time I made them when I realized I was missing some ingredients midway through mixing the batter.
So I did what any good cook does at such a moment- and I improvised!
Amazingly enough the carrot muffins turned out even better than the original recipe.
As a bonus this recipe is actually healthier than the original!
When I discovered my daughter had Molluscum, I knew I was in for a long haul.
Besides being unsightly, Molluscum can be really difficult to treat. Molluscum are small wartlike pimples that usually grow in clusters.
My daughter was four when she first developed Molluscum on her right knee.
My friend told me her pediatrician had told her to prick them with a pin and then squeeze them out. She told me she traumatized her kids doing that but it worked.
I knew this wasn’t worth traumatizing my daughter over.
A friend who was pregnant with her first baby was discussing her birth plan and mentioned she wanted to avoid getting an epidural during the birth of her child.
When I questioned how she would go about avoiding an epidural during labor, one thing became abundantly clear to me: She didn’t have a plan.
I don’t mean a birth plan.
Unsure whether to follow your ENT’s advice to place tubes in your child’s ears?
It is always a scary decision to place your child under anesthesia, no matter the procedure.
I want to share my experience in the hopes it will help mothers feel more comfortable following the advice of their child’s ENT to have tubes inserted when recommended.
My son has had tubes inserted in his ears three times, and I have no regrets having them done.
Image courtesy of Sura Nualpradid at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
My son had his first ear infection at 3 months of age. He had fluid in his ears sporadically since, and when he was 2 years old he had his first set of tubes placed.
In medical terminology, ear tube placement is called a Myringotomy.
Half a year later his tubes fell out, and then over the next few years he had fluid in his ears on and off, including several rounds of antibiotics to try and clear it.
Homebirthmom.com is a website dedicated to empowering homebirth. Read amazing stories of homebirth moms and their experiences having their babies at home, as well as tips for your own homebirth experience.
If you are thinking of having a homebirth, homebirthmom.com is worth checking out. If you have a homebirth story to share email email@example.com.
“Is a Homebirth Right for You?” is the title of a new soon to be released nonfiction book!
This book will help you make the decision of where to have your baby. To get early access and help spread the word, just join the launch team.
Grapefruit juice and obviously grapefruits since they contain grapefruit juice, can be deadly when you’re on certain medications.
I was giving a lecture at work on drug and food interactions, among them grapefruit juice, when one of the students shared with us that her grandmother had recently passed after consuming regular amounts of grapefruit juice over a week and the combination of grapefruit juice and her medication regimen interacted and caused her death.
This is a really sad story that should never have happened.
Her doctor should have warned her about this!
It made me realize the importance of raising awareness of this in order to hopefully prevent another tragedy from occuring.