Looking for a delicious and inexpensive way to make your own popcorn?
The perfect homemade popcorn can be made easily in your very own home with this awesome popcorn maker.
This popcorn maker is found in every one of my husband’s relative’s homes, which is a testament to the love of homemade popcorn which runs in my husband’s family, as well as the knowledge that this machine makes the most awesome popcorn!
Whenever someone in my husband’s family gets married, they inevitably receive the Stir Crazy popcorn machine in their shower gifts.
We received it as a present when we got married, and we have traditionally used it almost every Friday to start off the weekend.
We make two large 1.8 gallon size containers on Friday, eat it over the weekend, and then fill snack bags with it for the kids to take to school.
It is a great money saver as it costs significantly less to make it at home than to buy ready made snack bags in the store.
My kids love the taste, and enjoy the activity of “making popcorn”.
1) Pour 1 cup of popcorn kernels and 1-2 Tablespoons of oil (I use Canola) on to the base.
2) Plug it in and watch it pop.
3) When it stops popping, unplug it and flip it over.
4) Carefully remove the base, using caution as it it very hot.
5) Place a 1.8 gallon container over the bowl/lid and flip it back over so the popcorn lands into the container, or alternately pour it into a few large bowls.
6) Season with popcorn salt or other seasonings.
It tastes best fresh, but it still good even a week or two later.
Enjoy this healthy and filling snack!
We have had our Stir Crazy for about 7 years, having had to replace our original one after it fell off the kitchen counter and broke.
There are some other amazing ways to spice up your popcorn. Try brown butter cinnamon sugar popcorn, among others.
What is your favorite homemade popcorn recipe?